Cavite State University was established in 1906. The university is located just 30 kilometers south of Manila in the Philippines. The American Thomasites who are recruited from the United States Armed Forces are the first teachers of the school.
The College was converted into Cavite State University last January 22, 1998 with the effect of Republic Act No. 8468,
As enrollment increased, the school site was expanded through the land donations of the citizens of Indang, including Don Severino delas Alas, Secretary of Interior in the Aguinaldo cabinet, and Francisco Ocampo. The school was renamed Indang Rural High School, during the incumbency of principal, Simeon Madlangcay.
In recognition of the generosity of Don Severino delas Alas "to the community, to the province of Cavite and to the nation", the name of the institution was changed to Don Severino National Agricultural School, in 1958, by congressional action. The name was retained up to 1964, when it was converted into a state college, by virtue of Republic Act No. 3917. Under this Act, the school became known as Don Severino Agricultural College (DSAC).
In 2002, Cavite College of Fisheries (CACOF) in Naic, and Cavite College of Arts and Trade (CCAT) in Rosario, were integrated with Cavite State University. Cavite City Campus was launched, and a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) was signed for the establishment of the Carmona campus. There were also newly established campuses in other parts of Cavite: Silang campus, Imus Campus, Bacoor campus, Trece Martires campus,and Tanza campus.
Cavite State University Logo
Cavite State University