While browsing the net, I stumbled upon this site/blog of Internet Cafe Association of Imus. I got curious what that organization is all about so I leave a comment in their blog. After few minutes, my comment is replied by the blog owner; (which happens to be the organization's president).
Sir Gener and I exchange mails about their blog and their organization. He showed me other links that contains the organization's history and main goals or objectives.
Here is the organization's history and details.
Internet Café Association of Imus, Inc.
In December 2005 reacting on the various complaints received from parents and school administrators, the municipal government of Imus, Cavite thought of closing down the various internet cafes in the municipality.
In a meeting conducted then by municipal administrator Gabriel David he stressed the need for the creation of an internet café association to look after the interest of the internet café operators in the municipality. Consultative and organizational meetings were held from January to February 2006.
By March 2006 it has been formally registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission as a non stock non profit professional organization. July 2006 the 1st ICAII general assembly entitled “Unang Pagkikita” was held in the Municipal Building of Imus, Cavite in which it was announced that ICAII was recognized as the official internet café association of the Municipality of Imus.
ICAII Mission Statement
The Internet Café Association of Imus, Inc hopes to professionalize operations of the various internet café in the Municipality of Imusprovince of Cavite. It hopes to represent the interest of its members it any issues pertaining to the operations of their business. It hopes to promote among its members a spirit of camaraderie, friendship and professionalism by providing an atmosphere of fair play and healthy competition.
The Internet Café Association of Imus, Inc. is a non-profit, non-stock organization that hopes to professionalize operations of the various internet café in the Municipality of Imus province of Cavite. Its primary objectives are as follows:
1. It hopes to represent the interest of its members it any issues pertaining to the operations of their business.
2. It hopes to promote among its members a spirit of camaraderie, friendship and professionalism by providing an atmosphere of fair play and healthy competition that would lead the internet café as an industry that will bring economic opportunities and social change to the municipality of Imus.
3. It hopes to provide members with alternative uses of their resources in order to gain additional income from their operations.
It specifically hopes to attain the following:
1. Development of the Internet Café as centers of communication – connecting the municipality of Imus to the world through digital communication.
2. Development of the Internet Café as centers of research and education – to make available to students in the municipality of Imus materials, activities and technologies derived from the internet and other similar digital devices to enhance their learning experiences and skills
3. Development of the Internet Café as centers of family entertainment – to provide information on new technologies and materials to bring families together as the basic social unit of the Municipality of Imus.
President: Gener Luis Morada
Mando's Computer Services
Vice President: Joel Portillano
ICTS Computer Center
Auditor: Jimmy Presto
JCBP Internet Café
Board of Trustees:
Sunrise Computer Center
Crashproof Internet Café
Net Meeting Internet Café
For more information of their organization, you may visit ICAII Main Site and ICAII Blog Site.
Nonetheless, their organization is now considered as one of the Cavite's Pride and Finest. Good luck to the organization. How I wish your group can grow larger and hopefully, we can also have an Internet Cafe Association of Cavite.